In this article we are going to discuss the top secret of chemistry which can remove your fear. Many students have a great fear of chemistry. They think that this is a very difficult subject and very hard to understand. But I promise this is the easiest and funniest subject in this universe. I can help you to make it easier for you. Now let’s have some data on chemistry.
What is Chemistry?
The word “Chemistry” comes from the word “alchemy“ which derived from the Arabic word al-kīmīā (الكیمیاء), which referred to an earlier set of practices that encompassed elements of chemistry, metallurgy, philosophy, astrology, astronomy, mysticism and medicine. Alchemy is often seen as linked to the quest to turn lead or other base metals into gold, though alchemists were also interested in many of the questions of modern chemistry.
Chemistry is a branch of science that consists of the study of the composition, structure and properties of matter. Often known as the central science, it is a creative discipline chiefly concerned with atomic and molecular structure and its change, for instance through chemical reactions.
Scope of Chemistry
To describe the scope of chemistry we can think about our regular life as an example. When we woke up from the bed and took a brush with Paste to clean our mouth. We use water to take showers. Then wear a cloth and go for breakfast. We eat any type of food like fruits, bread, tea or coffee . Then go to the office, workplace or school by vehicle. There we sit on any chair and use any table. Now look at the bold marks and these all are our regular used things and these all are derived from chemicals.
Brush: Plastic & Polymer
Paste: Antibacterial agent, fluoride, calcium salt, Soap, water and additives.
Mouthwash: Eucalyptol, menthol, thymol, and methyl salicylate, zinc salts, ketone, terpene, and ionone etc.
Water: Hydrogen and Oxygen
Fruits: Water (80-90)%, Mineral substances (organic or inorganic acids and additives).
Bread: Starch (Carbohydrates)
Tea or Coffee: Caffeine, Antioxidants etc
Most funny thing is that our body is a good combination of Inorganic and Organic Chemicals.
Now coming to the point of the scope or fields of chemistry. In the scope of its subject, chemistry occupies an intermediate position between physics and biology. It is sometimes called the central science because it provides a foundation for understanding both basic and applied scientific disciplines at a fundamental level.
- chemistry explains aspects of plant chemistry (botany),
- the formation of igneous rocks (geology),
- how atmospheric ozone is formed and how environmental pollutants are degraded (ecology),
- the properties of the soil on the moon (cosmochemistry),
- how medications work (pharmacology),
- and how to collect DNA evidence at a crime scene (forensics).
What should we do to understand Chemistry Better
Chemistry is a very funny and interesting subject. But you should follow some rules to understand it better. Say when you are going to do some Mathematics you are following some rules and formulae. Here is the same. Some things you should keep in your mind and everything should try to understand by following the real life example.
- You must have to know all the definitions of basic chemistry like atom, molecule, atomic energy, intermolecular force, intramolecular force, nucleus, proton, electro, acid, base, mole, molarity, molality etc.
- You must have a good knowledge of the Periodic table and its properties.
- You must have a good knowledge of the Red-OX reaction.
- You must have to know the different bonds of chemistry.
- You must have to know about the nomenclature of Hydrocarbons and their properties.
To warp up
The last word is that chemistry is a very easy subject if you can understand it. Please do not try to memorize without understanding. Just follow us and our attractive class lecture you’ll become the boss of Chemistry. You can join our class and subscribe to our channel.